COVID-19 CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR REFUGEE CLAIMANTS!
THEIR LIVES ARE ON HOLD BUT THEIR NEEDS ARE NOT.
The MCRS team remains active assisting, accompanying, and advocating for families and individuals as they navigate the many changes that COVID-19 has brought by:
- Providing virtual access to staff so immediate needs can be met
- Staying informed about the impacts of COVID-19 on refugee claim processes
- Ensuring people have food and a safe place to stay
- Helping gain access to the supports being made available
- Checking in with “care calls” to encourage and listen
We are all looking forward to when some kind of “normal” returns, and when refugee hearings begin again, and people given protection can be reunited with their families.
Until then, your generous donation provides a way forward through this time. Thank you for remembering those who need protection from so much more than COVID-19.