Join the story that starts with seeking refuge and ends with finding home!
Since 1987, we have been welcoming people who need help to navigate Canada’s refugee claim process. They come from over 45 different countries. They are fleeing very personal threats against their lives. Having been deemed by Canadian Border Service Agents to be eligible to make a claim, they quickly learn it is a hard and complex process.
That’s where we come in! We are the “go to” organization that:
- accompanies asylum seekers as they:
- navigate Canada’s refugee claim process,
- pursue uncertain settlement,
- seek belonging while dealing with trauma, separation from significant family members and support networks, and negative public perception.
- advocates on behalf of asylum seekers in various settings to promote their welcome, due process, fair outcomes for their refugee claim, and reunification with the significant people in their lives.
So far this year, 157 people have heard “YES” to being protected by Canada!